I’m an experienced, inventive professional available to help you solve the thorniest problems you can come up with. I’ve got a whole range of skills that I can put to work for you.
- API design and implementation
- Hands-on application scaling and troubleshooting
- Design and documentation of architectures for all types of systems
- Infrastructure management including capacity and financial planning
- Monitoring and management of applications and infrastructure
- Application usability and user experience
- Project management and business consulting
As an American living for the past 15 years in Prague, Czech Republic, I work to help customers around the world. In the past five years, I’ve worked on projects for companies in over a dozen countries.
If you’d like to hire me, send me an email at email@example.com with details of your project including:
- Your name and where you’re based
- A short description of your project
- Your available budget
- Planned start date
- Any hard deadlines or target dates
I understand that most projects aren’t planned out in minute detail, and frankly, I tend to distrust those that are. Building a thing is a process of discovery, and things tend to change once you start trading theory for reality. We do need to start, though, with a basic picture of the work to be done, a rough estimate of how much time we expect that work to take, and a mutual understanding for what the finished product should look like.
I’ll work with you to estimate the time and cost required to turn your idea into reality, but as a general rule, I won’t provide a guaranteed fixed price for most projects. Working on an hourly basis means that both of us have more freedom to do the right thing, even if it wasn’t necessarily the thing we planned to do.
I represent myself and only work with others who do as well — never through third-party intermediaries who I don’t know personally. If you’re a recruiter or other third-party agency, no offense, but we probably can’t work together.